Friday, May 21, 2010

Who's that girl?

Here's Dana with her lovely mom, Betty. A couple of stunners, no? I finished Dana's custom wedding gown today: ivory silk crepe with cap sleeves and a bias flounced skirt. It suits her beautifully and I can't wait to see photos of her wedding day. Dana's a hard-working woman and she had completely lost her voice when she came for her final fitting today. Betty stepped in as interpreter, but I let myself imagine that Dana was just speechless with delight. I worked up a special floral corsage for the shoulder of her dress:
It's a mix of silk organza flowers, ostrich feathers, lace, velvet leaves, vintage brooches, pearls, and 1920s glass and gilt buttons.
A special piece for a very special lady.

6 comments:

CaraBella said...

So. lovely! And I realized that I never said thank you for your advice re: my dress + lace -- thank you! Again I wish I were in Portland, your work is so stunning :)!

Amy said...

Love the corsage, and the dress looks beautiful on Dana.

Mel said...

How beautiful. The corsage work just softens the whole look. Inspiring.

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Breathtaking! And what a beautiful mother daughter combo! :)

Donna said...

So touching! You have to be the sweetest chick I've ever had the pleasure of NOT knowing. And now you're on the East Coast at Lovely in NYC...so excited!

rose may said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.