Thursday, November 6, 2008

This is the cupcake dress.

I resisted calling it that--"cupcake" can have negative connotations where wedding dresses are concerned. But like all nicknames that stick, it has a ring of truth. This frock is fluffy, frothy, sweet--like a cupcake. Coconut, if you please.
It is--or was--a one of a kind dress. But spring bride Carrie wants one for her wedding up at Mount Hood, and Jordan bought the original for her rehearsal dinner dress. And so the repeat performance.Luckily, I still had all the fabrics. That tassel organza just knocks me out.
Long lost twins!

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh it's lovely! And it's a cupcake dress in the best way!

Carrie said...

Elizabeth! I'm so excited . . . I just popped in to check out your blog and there it was! Can't wait to see it in person. Hooray for cupcakes.

Spring bride Carrie

Meg said...

I can't wait to see my friend Carrie in this dress on her wedding day....it's so incredibly beautiful. It IS like a cupcake, but ALSO like a snowflake! It's perfect!

Rebecca said...

so sweet!

CaitlinClark said...

Ooh! It's so beautiful. Your work is really inspiring. I love checking in to see what you've been up to :)

Laura said...

Your styles are amazing! I am currently dreaming and scheming about my wedding dress and would love to chat with you to get an idea of your prices. Can I have your email address?

Helen said...

so beautiful! i love weddings dresses that are just to the knee. nice and simple. (and easier to walk in hehe!)

onesilentwinter said...

it is lovely!

shanna murray said...

This is one of the most stunning wedding dresses I have ever seen. So beautiful.

Joyce said...

I love this dress!! Simply beautiful!