Tuesday, September 30, 2008


I've been working for weeks on a do-it-yourself design project for an upcoming fashion craft book. This project's an old favorite of mine--turning an outdated, overdone wedding dress into a cocktail frock with just enough fancy.
The original gown came courtesy of ebay, and dutifully submitted to the shears. I pared away a lot of the froth (neckline, sleeves), turned the sleeves into a waistband, shortened the skirt, and added a chiffon overlayer for some fun and float. I'm in love with this honey-caramel-ochre color right now, and the dress took a few dips in the dye bath to get it just right. Now the dress travels to Texas for its inclusion in the book. Safe travels, Honey.


Kathryn said...

This is perfect! I love the color, the details - beautiful!

Kari said...

So beautiful- I love the rebirth of this dress!