Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Inspiration: 1930s evening gowns


I'm starting to design my 2008 bridal collection, in anticipation of The English Dept.'s annual bridal fashion show in February. To get the wheels turning, I've been paging through old 1930s pattern catalogs looking at vintage evening gowns. This is my favorite era for dress silhouettes--dramatic and elegant without being fluffy, poufy or upholstered. I just know there's a warehouse or barn in Kansas somewhere where all these bygone patterns are tucked away...these are the thoughts that keep me up at night.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Hi ,

Your blog is excellent and very informative to our visitors. Post was very nicely written and it contains useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and it was informative for all.

You can get 15% off on Evening Dresses